Welcome to the Runkle After School Program!
The Runkle After School Program offers after-school enrichment classes to meet the needs of our students for in-depth exploration of subjects, ideas, and activities not covered within the regular school day. We’re proud to work with the instructors, school staff, parents, and students to provide exemplary after-school learning opportunities in a safe, well-supported environment. RASP is excited to offer a fun, well-rounded, and enriching program with specific emphasis on technology, maths & sciences, the arts, physical movement, and other activities.
We hope Runkle School students enjoy these class offerings!
Session dates: April 3 – June 21
|Ballet||Board Games||Minecraft||Hipstitch||Lego||2D Video Games|
|Mon, April 3rd||Mon, April 3rd||–||Wed, April 5th||Thu, April 6th||–|
|Mon, April 10th||Mon, April 10th||Tue, April 11th||–||Thu, April 13th||Fri, April 14th|
|Mon, April 24th||Mon, April 24th||Tue, April 25th||Wed, April 26th||–||Fri, April 28th|
|Mon, May 1st||Mon, May 1st||Tue, May 2nd||Wed, May 3rd||–||Fri, May 5th|
|Mon, May 8th||Mon, May 8th||Tue, May 9th||–||Thu, May 11th||Fri, May 12th|
|Mon, May 15th||Mon, May 15th||Tue, May 16th||Wed, May 17th||–||Fri, May 19th|
|Mon, May 22nd||Mon, May 22nd||Tue, May 23rd||Wed, May 24th||Thu, May 25th||Fri, May 26th|
|–||–||Tue, May 30th||Wed, May 31st||Thu, June 1st||Fri, June 2nd|
|Mon, June 5th||Mon, June 5th||Tue, June 6th||Wed, June 7th||–||Fri, June 9th|
|Wed, June 14th||Thu, June 15th|
Registration is open to current Runkle students only. On the Registration page you can filter the classes by DAY and GRADE.
Find your class(es) in the Course Catalog, and then click “Add to Cart”.
You may register for multiple classes at a time, but only one child at a time.
Then click “Register Now” in the blue oval.
Important: You do not need an account to register for a class.
Please fill out all relevant sections to proceed to payment instructions. Payment can be made by credit card only at this time.
Once you have completed the registration process you will receive a confirmation email. The email will have a link to your personal page that always has your latest registration status, class dates, and other helpful reminders!
If you have any questions, issues, or need additional help, please email the RASP Team at: RunkleASP@gmail.com
Program Policies and Information
Enrollment & Class Info
- Refunds and Changes – Please choose classes carefully with your child. After classes have begun, RASP is unable to provide refunds and cannot accommodate requests for class changes. Changes can be made before the start of classes (depending upon space). Refunds will require a 10% fee of the total class cost, to cover RASP’s non-refundable credit card fees.
- Under-enrollment – Classes must meet enrollment minimums. Under-enrolled classes will not run.
- Waitlist – Once a class is full, students are automatically placed on a waitlist (when you register for a fully enrolled class, you tick the box next to ‘join waitlist’). If a place becomes available in the class, we will email you to ask if your child would still like to take the class. If they want to take the class, we will then send you a link for payment. If payment is not received within 36 hours, the spot will be offered to the next child on the waitlist.
- Number of Sessions – Classes will run for 8 sessions each.
- Class Start Time – Classes will start at 2:40 pm and end at the time specified for the particular class.
- Early Release Days – RASP will not operate on district early release days. See the Public Schools of Brookline calendar for the latest information.
- School Closed – RASP will not operate on days that Runkle School is closed for students, including holidays and professional development days. See the Public Schools of Brookline calendar for the latest information. Please look carefully at the schedule of days for each course.
- Snow Days – RASP will not operate on snow days that result in a pivot to remote instruction or “traditional” snow days that result in the closing of PSB schools.
- Sharing Information – By enrolling in RASP’s class offerings, you are authorizing RASP to provide your child’s full name, grade, parent full name, telephone, and email to the vendor.
- RASP offers after-school enrichment classes for Runkle School students in grades K-5.
- RASP is independently run by volunteer Runkle School parents and is not licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care of Massachusetts.
- RASP operates with cooperation from the Runkle School, and in the Runkle School building, but it is a separately run organization.
- RASP is not a childcare program. Those seeking after school care should contact the Runkle Extended Day program (https://www.runkleextendedday.org).
Getting To & From RASP Classes
Students in grade K-2 will need to have a parent or guardian pick them up from their regular classroom dismissal and drop them off at the RASP class location. Students in grades 3-5 who are not in RED may go directly to their class location after dismissal.
There is no RASP pick up from classroom dismissal for any grades!!
Students in RED must first check-in with RED, and will then go as a group to their assigned class. They will go back to RED at the end of the class.
Students who are not in RED need to be picked up promptly at the class end time.
RASP and The Runkle School are not liable for children who forget about their RASP classes or otherwise do not arrive to, or attend, their RASP classes.
RASP participants must be picked up promptly once classes have concluded, or be given permission to be released independently or to return to Runkle Extended Day. RASP students being picked up by an adult are escorted to the main Runkle door at dismissal time (adjacent to the Main Office on Druce Street).
- Students who are not picked up on time for more than 2 classes will be removed from the class.
- RASP participants are expected to conduct themselves with appropriate classroom behavior. We do not condone inappropriate or harmful behavior (physical or verbal) of our participants. In accordance with this behavior policy, we will notify parents of infractions as soon as we learn about them.
- RASP Directors exercise discretion in imposing consequences for student misbehavior. When necessary, we will implement disciplinary measures as deemed appropriate.
- RASP reserves the right to withdraw a student from programming for repetitive incidences of disruptive or harmful behavior, for repeated violations of classroom rules, or for any instance of egregious conduct/behavior.
- For ongoing problematic conduct with any RASP participants, we may elect to withdraw that student from a specific class, or all classes, for which they are currently enrolled. RASP also reserves the right to remove a student from program participation for an extended timeframe if his/her conduct is egregious. Tuition is not refundable.
- RASP also reserves the right to withdraw a student from programming if parents and/or caregivers do not adhere to what we deem to be appropriate and civil behavior with RASP Instructors, student participants, the RASP Coordinator, and/or RASP Directors. Tuition is not refundable.
Your child is responsible for arriving at class, either independently or with a parent/guardian. Refunds are not offered for any missed classes.
Runkle After School Program (RASP) operates on afternoons when school is in session for a full day. RASP classes will not run under these circumstances:
- If Runkle School is closed for students.
- If Runkle School has an early dismissal for students.
- Instructor Absence: In the event of instructor absence, we will attempt to find a substitute teacher to fill in for the class, or the instructor may opt to schedule a make-up class at the end of the session. You will be notified via email in the event of cancellations.
- Inclement Weather: When school is canceled due to inclement weather, there is no Runkle after-school programming.
RASP strives to make its programming available to all families. How financial aid works:
- To apply for tuition assistance, you must submit an email to the RASP Team at: runkleASP@gmail.com
- Financial aid requests MUST be submitted to RASP via email to be eligible for consideration.
- Aid requests will be reviewed and determined based upon financial need by the Runkle School Principal.
- Once registration opens, classes will fill on a “First Come, First Served” basis – Thus, it would be best if we can determine your eligibility during Sneak Peek or early on in the registration process.
- If deemed eligible for aid, RASP will provide financial assistance to help offset the cost of 1 class per child.
- If deemed eligible for aid, you must check the box next to “got it – I request financial aid” during registration and you must complete all the screens during registration in order for your spot in the class to be reserved.
- Please Note: Only partial Financial Aid is available.
RASP is coordinated by a group of parent volunteers. Please email the RASP Team with any questions at: RunkleASP@gmail.com
Our Vendors / Instructors
Eager for more activities? Please support our vendors and instructors by signing up for additional classes directly with them.
We welcome new class ideas and invite any parent to consider teaching a RASP class.
The team of parent volunteers who organize RASP are always seeking volunteer parents/caregivers. If you would like more information please email us and we are happy to talk further.